Watching Netflix is a binge time pass but sometimes, you may want to cancel it for various other reasons. So, to know the right way to cancel Netflix subscription using a smartphone or laptop via the Netflix app you have to follow us till the end of this article.
Who doesn’t love Netflix as it is a great time pass for anyone who wishes to spend some leisure time entertaining themselves? However, at times you may need to cancel your Netflix subscription as during any important work emerging in your life or simply you want a break from your favorite Netflix routine.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription?
- Step1: Go to your Netflix app installed on your smartphone or laptop and then visit the profile section after clicking on the profile image. You will see that the latter is displayed on the above right side of your Netflix application or netflix.com.
- Step2: Subsequently, choose “Account”.
- Step3: Move down the cursor and then you will come down to the cancel section where you will find the Cancel Membership option. Hold down this key and then you will observe that Netflix has taken you to the “Cancel plan” webpage. Now, you will be asked to click on “Finish Cancellation” again for the cancellation to complete.
It is important to consider the fact that if in case, you have already added the Netflix subscription then there is nothing to worry about as Netflix will automatically cancel your subscription when your monthly subscription gets over. And also, Netflix is not going to charge you any extra for not starting your membership again.
Cancel Netflix Subscription using netflix.com/cancelplan
Netflix subscription can be canceled whenever you want. However, sometimes the cancellation part is performed based on your Netflix subscription. It may be done using a third-party user, iTunes, or straightly through Netflix.
Also, you can easily cancel your Netflix subscription using your web browser but if you have subscribed to Netflix using iTunes then you should cancel it through your iPhone or iPad. On the other hand, if you are using a third-party user, then you may be requested to pay your subscription for your smart TV service and so, you may have to contact them. It is also important to note that Netflix subscription only by deleting the profile is not enough.
Let us find out about the different steps involved in Netflix Subscription via a web browser:
- Step1: Go to your web browser and visit https://www.netflix.com/cancelplan.
- Step2: Tap on the down arrow shown on the right side of your web page and then choose “Account”.
- Step3: Close to the above page, go to Membership and Billing, and then select the “Cancel Membership” option and press confirm to cancel.
- Step4: And if you still find a DVD subscription then select “Cancel your DVD plan” and submit the confirmation button.
In case, you do not find the above options, then it is maybe because you are being subscribed to the Netflix plan by a third-party user. And so for this, you will find details of the one who has subscribed to your Netflix plan such as iTunes or a Smart TV service provider. You can easily find the company names on your Netflix web page. And for this, you need to contact your service provider for Netflix subscription cancellation.
How to cancel Netflix Subscription using iTunes?
When you are added to Netflix Subscription via iTunes, then you must do it through your iPhone or iPad.
- Step1: Go to the Apple device and then go to the Settings app.
- Step2: Hold down to iTunes and Apple Store.
- Step3: Submit your Apple ID on the above of the page and next click on “View Apple ID” in the pop-up box.
- Step4: Click on “Subscriptions”.
- Step5: You will find Netflix subscriptions as active. So, click on it.
- Step6: Now choose Cancel Netflix Subscription and provide confirmation.
How to cancel Netflix Free Trial Subscription?
- Step1: Go to your browser.
- Step2: Type the URL of Netflix.
- Step3: Perform Sign in to your Netflix account for continuation.
- Step4: Visit the Support page for Netflix given on the home page, you will find a reference for “Your Account and Help”. Tap the link.
- Step5: Now, choose to cancel your Netflix membership. After this, you will be headed to the “Account Information” web page. While visiting the page you will find the options link to “Cancel Membership”. Read it carefully.
- Step6: Submit the “Complete Cancellation” key. You will an email has been sent to you confirming that your Netflix subscription has been canceled.
Cancellation of Netflix Free Trial Subscription via Netflix Administrators
- Step1: Go to your web browser
- Step2: Write down the Netflix web address or simply Netflix.com.
- Step3: Sign in to your Netflix account and continue.
- Step4: Go to the last of your Netflix web page and click on the “Contact Us” option.
- Step5: You will be headed to the Netflix support team page where you will find the contact number and other contact information.
- Step6: Contact the number and one of the Netflix team members will reach out to you and guide you further for the cancellation process of your free trial.